// php the_content(); ?>
Why hire developers part-time?
A company isn't recognizable these days without an online presence. It includes everything from having a website to an application for a better user experience. This is also the precise reason behind the increasing demand for developers and tech experts. Be it a startup or a flourishing business; you should focus on integrating technology into your business. But the main question is how to do it?
You can maintain the technology aspect of your business by hiring a team. They should be proficient in everything from website development to maintenance. However, getting a full team can be a hefty cost. Also, the hiring process takes up human resources and money too. Your employees would be caught up in the hiring process to look for full-time employees. The best solution to this is to hire developers part-time
Why Hire Developers Part-time?
- You can skip the need to go through the hiring process. Hiring permanent employees can be a lengthy process where you have to accommodate the company's requirements and the individual.
- You would be using a chunk of company funds to get employees. From investing in their development and training to other benefits, it can be pretty costly.
- You can hire developers on a gig to get your specific needs. They would have that specific skill set for the gig. This isn't easy to achieve with full-time employees.
- If you're a fresh startup, an efficient choice is to hire people for part-time jobs. This will help skip the costs of renting a space and investing in equipment.
- You can skip the geographical boundaries and look for talent worldwide. It will give you access to a larger pool and options.
Although these benefits are really great, finding the right people isn't easy. Several companies are looking to hire developers part-time and have trouble onboarding them. However, we will provide you the exact guide to get those excellent developers for part-time jobs.
Define The Job
You should first decide why you need to hire freelance developers. It includes defining the job description and other details too.
The gig should consist of the exact role. It can be anything from developing an application to simply integrating an API.
Crystal clear descriptions can help attract the right people who can actually perform the job.
Writing vague requirements will only increase complications in the hiring process and create trouble for your company.
Also, many excellent developers won't apply to the job if they don't know whether they can complete the task. This is why you should deliver a crisp, explanatory copy for your task to hire developers part-time.
Be Specific On The Developer’s Skillset
You cannot shortlist candidates if there are thousands of applicants. That's why you should be specific and define the skills or qualifications of the worker.
For example, it can be a degree in the relevant field or just a broad experience. It will enable you to speed up the process to hire developers on a gig.
While creating the job description, mention the exact skills you want in the candidate. You can decide this by some research about the required skills. It will help to find the right people easily.
Describe The Timeline For The Job
You can hire freelance developers for long-term work or just for one task. However, it is better to decide this beforehand.
The developer might not be available for a longer-term where you would've to do this process all over again.
Also, you can negotiate better terms and rates through this. The best way is to create a plan for every technical expertise you would need in the future. It should include your plans for the expansion and integration of different technologies.
For example, if you plan to add some additional features to your project, mention that you need a developer for a longer role. It will enable you to find a developer who can extend their services for a longer period. You can get the benefits of an employee with the affordability of a gig worker/freelancer.
Take Help Of Gig/Freelance Platforms
There are several reputed platforms to hire developers for part-time jobs. It helps give access to numerous people without the need to look for them separately. Apart from that, you can find verified profiles with their previous experiences too.
is one such platform where you can hire freelance developers or part-time developers.
You can just post the task description and the skills required. That's all you need to find those excellent developers and get on with your company operations.
Workflexi can help you communicate with freelancers before hiring them. It will make the entire process smoother and quick too.
If you’re looking to hire developers, we would suggest you post your requirements here and hire them at no cost.
Screen The Candidates
Screening the applications is crucial before you hire any developers part-time. It will help test their skills and ensure that you're hiring a credible resource.
You should first go through their applications and shortlist the ones who fit the skill sets. It will reduce the need to call or interview everyone.
The next step is to actually call the gig worker/freelancer and just do a simple screening call. You can ask about their past projects and ask them why they would be a good fit for this job.
Select the people you think are responsive, good in communication skills, or any other crucial trait to handle your project.
The final step should be a test. You can give them a task to test the skills and finalize the selection. A better way is to make it a paid one as the person would be motivated to do better.
Apart from that, you should check over any references or reviews they have provided. It helps take out any fake applications and make the process easier.
Shortlisting the developer
After you've completed the screening, you should begin with the negotiation process.
You must negotiate the right price to hire developers part-time. Ensure that you offer an optimum price for the role.
Hiring developers at a lower price might not provide you the desired quality of work. Also, the person would be motivated to do the job better and adhere to the deadlines with better rates.
Sign A Contract
You need to put together a contract while you hire developers part-time.
It should mention the precise job description, the deadline, and the compensation amount. You can also get them to send an invoice after the task, but sending an official contract with the company seal is better.
It will protect you in case of any breach, so ensure that you get legal help while creating the contract. It shouldn't have room for any inconsistencies or loopholes.
With these things in place, you'll be more confident in the process to hire developers part-time.
How To Manage The Developers After Hiring?
After the hiring process is complete, you'll hopefully have the perfect candidate for the task. However, it isn't easy to manage the process as the person would be working remotely. A lack of communication among the team can lead to inefficiency in the task and even delays.
You should only hire developers part-time after deciding how you'll manage the work.
Here are some tips that you can follow:
- If you hire multiple developers, an effective communication portal is crucial. You should regularly conduct video calls and meetings to check on the progress of the group. It would help complete the tasks on a deadline and maintain efficiency. Also, all the freelancers can work together if it is a difficult task. So, ensure that you have an accessible communication platform before you begin the work.
- Another great method is to create schedules. You can just mention the deadlines and dates on an accessible document and share it with the group after you hire developers part-time. It would help them do the work in time and not leave any vague details about the completion date. Apart from that, you can easily manage the process through this calendar.
- You need to have a payment mechanism in place before you hire developers part-time. Missing or delaying payments isn't a motivating factor for the developers. Get the payment details and terms before you assign the work. A better way is to communicate whether they want an advance payment or do it any other way. You can easily manage and hire freelance developers using a fast payment mechanism.
- Regular appraisal and suggestions are crucial to maintaining the quality. You shouldn't accept the work if it isn't up to the standards and ask for a revision. You can also ask for revisions and approvals before they actually turn in the work. It'll help them to know what you want and correct it before submission. If you hire developers part-time, ensure that you communicate this term before beginning the work.
These tips and methods should be your foolproof guide while you hire developers part-time.
You will save time, money, and manpower following these tips and also get an excellent developer. Ensure that you decide on a clear job role, the skillset, and the time limit for the task. It'll make the entire process easier for the freelancer as well as the company.
So, if you're planning to integrate technology into your business operations, hire developers